mardi 25 avril 2017

Heirs and Beneficiaries: Can Representative Payee Charge Room and Board That Remains Outside of Estate

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: Florida

I was Representative Payee for my elderly mother who lived with me in my home for 4 years proir to going into a nursing home. The Social Security agent that I meet with to arrainge to do this told me that I could charge her 1/3 mortgage payment & 1/3 utilities from her income while she lived with me for room & board. That would be based on 3 adults living in the home & I did this. She passed away in the nursing home. I had her will probated. There was nothing remaining in her estate at the time of her death. My sibling now claims that I owe him half of what I charged her for room & board / utilities. I don't see how that can be possible especially since he was unwilling for her to move in with him & his wife during this time. She was incapable of living alone. I would like to see if I can get an answer prior to paying legal fees.


Heirs and Beneficiaries: Can Representative Payee Charge Room and Board That Remains Outside of Estate

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire