vendredi 28 avril 2017

Probation and Parole: My Rights As a Homeowner As They Pertain to Assisting a Person on Probation

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Washington

My family has been helping a homeless man for some time now, we'll call him M. M was recently arrested in a homeless sweep and jailed for 20 days. He was released on probation, and given an officer who seems to have a personal vendetta against him. She is treating him as a violent offender in spite of him not having any history of violence. Any officer M meets agrees that he is one of the kindest people they've ever met.

He has missed two check-ins, and was jailed for ten days for the first. The second he missed due to failing health that ultimately ended with him being admitted to the hospital for four days. While he was in the hospital, M signed over a Medical Power of Attorney to my father. The hospital released him against the wishes of both his family and mine. His family's home is dangerous to his health, so my family took him into our home to help him heal, especially given that my mother is a Registered Nurse.

Two days ago, after M was released from the hospital, the probation officer showed up at M's family's home with several officers to arrest him, a clear act of intimidation that was entirely unwarranted.

My question is this: If this officer came to my family's home, with or without officers, are we within our rights to refuse them entry on the grounds that M is under our protection with the Medical Power of Attorney?


Probation and Parole: My Rights As a Homeowner As They Pertain to Assisting a Person on Probation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire