mercredi 26 avril 2017

Guilt by Association?

I am new here. I tried to locate the best possible sub-forum to post this in but I couldn't find anything that hits this nail on. So here is the deal. I live in the state of Georgia and I am currently living at home with my mother. My name is on the lease of the house we are renting and I making payments toward the total of the rent for the house we live in. So here is what happened. We hit a financial crunch. My brother in law and sister lost their job and we spent practically a year supporting them. During this year my dad would not even look for a job and for the few times he did, he only worked for about 2 weeks a quit causing my mother (who's income is sales based and very flaky.) and myself to support most of the financial weight..which..isn't working.

So my dad gets a job and he starts working and my mother depends on his income to come in, meanwhile all the bills were stacking on us so my mother (who is a property manager) took the money from one of her clients, or in essence, a tenant gave her a deposit / rent to move into a house and she allowed them to move in but she used the money to pay our rent instead of the landlord of the property. She was expecting to get the money right back from my dad but my dad ended up quitting shortly after... Short story is, massive amounts of debt accumulated over this and they're prepared to report her to the state. I'm not for nor against it, I understand they have to do what they have to do.. if they do it, my mother will probably face jail time.. however.. my mother is also saying that myself (who has been contributing 100% fair share toward the rent throughout this entire period from my job earnings) and my dad will ALSO face jail time because we were all living in the same house.. Is this realistic and should I be concerned about this? I have absolutely no chance in obtaining the money she needs to pay off her debtors, its far too high.. but I feel I had absolutely nothing to do with this... Can they also cease my personal (non-cosigned) property to pay the debt off just because I live in the same house?


Guilt by Association?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire