vendredi 28 avril 2017

Establishment: Can I Get a Restraining Order Against My 17 Year Old Sons Girlfriend Whom is Also 17

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Maine

My son has been dating this girl he met at school. He has consistently made bad judgements when with her. She has "anxiety" (so she says), and does not go to school anymore or work. So she stays at home all day and night calling and messaging him via text and facebook messenger while he is at school or at home. He comes home and cant do anything without talking to her all night. He shuts himself in his room, and gets nothing accomplished. I recently allowed my son to get his license and he purchased his own truck. I however, have added him to my insurance (which he needs to pay for his portion), lent him money to fix his truck, and am on title and registration. However over the past two weeks, I have learned many things. First offense, the day after getting his license he went to his girlfriends house, and apparently her mom told his girlfriend(who only had a drivers permit) to take my son to the function at the school that evening. And he went as a newly licensed passenger. The next incident, he just got a job, and three days into it, he called out and spent time with his girlfriend, told me his knees hurt. He went back to work the next two days, then went with his girlfriend out to dinner. Curfew is 10 here, and he is required to call or text when he is leaving somewhere or when he arrives somewhere to let me know he is safe. He did neither. I grounded him and informed him that he is lucky to even have his license at this point. However.....I have an app installed on my sons phone that allows me to see his location, as well as view his messages. I don't like to read his messages, however I have been concerned about the healthiness of his relationship. They fight a lot and he yells a lot. So I was monitoring. This is how I find out many things. Anyways, long story short, his girlfriend told him not to allow my sons stepfather to get involved in parenting issues, also called me many rude and disrespectful names. She told my son to go to her house cause her mom said it was ok for him to be there. Also her and her mom told my son there was not a thing I could do about it, as he is 17. She also informed him that there is nothing I can do about taking his truck cause its his.

His grades are getting bad. He cannot function without talking to her 24/7, she messages him nasty messages all the time. Extremely controlling, dominating, and obsessively jealous. The day I brought my son to register his truck, she didn't want him to sit up front with me. Didn't want him to talk to me at all. Said she couldn't handle him having anything to do with me. She told him to lose all of his friends because she doesn't like them and said they disrespected her.

My sons told me that all his friends use drugs and they have nothing in common, however, I was told by his friends that my son messaged them and told them they could no longer be friends because they didn't like his girlfriend. My sons girlfriend recently moved to a new town and they no longer go to school together. However, she messages him to find out who he is talking to, who he standing next to, etc.. and if she doesn't like it, she tells him to move, go suit somewhere else. And he does. His friends say that he walks around alone at school, Sits by himself now. He never used to be this way. He had numerous friends and many interests. Not anymore.

My son has distanced himself from me ever since I had a heart to heart with him about my concerns for him in his relationship. I pulled up articles and printed them off for him, and he refuses to read them. He told me his relationship is none of my business, and to but out. He has moved out before and in with his dad when I put my foot down. However he no longer has that option, as he burned his bridge at his dads.

So here are my questions, after having read my background.

1.) Can I restrict my 17 year old from having contact with her at all?
2.) If he does not listen, can I enforce it with a restraining order as she is verbally abusive with him?
3.) If he chooses to ignore me and go there anyway, can I drop insurance, call a tow truck, and get the truck back until he pays off the debt owed or until he is 18?
4.) Can I tell the girlfriend and her mom not to contact my son anymore? And if he decides to move in there, what can I do?

I am at a point where I really want to let him learn the hard way, but I care and want the best for him. He had so much going for him. So, what us your advice on how to handle such a situation?


Establishment: Can I Get a Restraining Order Against My 17 Year Old Sons Girlfriend Whom is Also 17

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire