mercredi 26 avril 2017

Relocation: Ex Wanting to Relocate Across the Country

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: UNSURE

My ex and I divorced in PA in 2010. In 2011, she moved to NC and I moved to the D.C area (currently living in the state of VA).

She has custody of our now 9yo son, but I fly down there or fly him up here once a month or so for a long weekend together, as well as 1-2 weeklong vacations every year.

She is remarried and has two sons with her current husband (both under 4 yo).

Initially, the plan was for them to move back up this way after he got out of the military in 2012. However, they both ended up getting jobs in NC and have been there ever since. She stated that their plan was to look for jobs and relocate closer to this area after my son finishes elementary school next year. This was all just verbal talk and nothing in writing.

However, now she states she is applying for jobs in the Reno, NV area. Her parents and sisters live out there, but my parents/family and her current husbands parents/family both live in the PA/DE area.

My ex and I have a great relationship, other than the fact that they are still living in NC. We don't have any child support orders (I pay her every month though) and our divorce was basically done online. I have to find my copy of the divorce papers, but I don't recall if there is anything in them in regards to moving/distance/etc.

So here's my question....What are my options if she intends to move across the country with my son? Since she already moved to NC and I didn't fight it in court have I basically given up my right to fight this move? What state do I need to contest this move in? PA? NC? VA?


Relocation: Ex Wanting to Relocate Across the Country

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire