mardi 25 avril 2017

Filing a Complaint: Can I, a Freelancer, Sue Another Freelancer for Copying Work I Do for a Client

My question involves court procedures for the state of: US federal/California

I'm a freelance programmer who is currently doing some work for a client. After discovering a bug that I was unable to fix, I found a developer on a freelance site, and I sent him all my code for the client's project. I am slightly concerned, however, that in doing so I have enabled this developer to copy my code into the iOS App Store, which was not the agreement we had reached. We did not sign a formal contract or non-disclosure agreement.

My client legally owns the work and has not specifically given or denied permission to take civil action on their behalf, against any third parties I bring in.

Suppose the developer publishes significant portions of the app in question to the App Store and thus makes a profit. Can I, as the app's official developer, take civil action against the other developer?


Filing a Complaint: Can I, a Freelancer, Sue Another Freelancer for Copying Work I Do for a Client

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire