samedi 29 avril 2017

Getting Fired: What Are Your Rights if Your Employer Pressures You to Retire

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Washington.

I am a senior manager, age 64 with 10 years with my firm with a stellar work performance record. There is a second senior manager in his early 50's with the same level of seniority who has worked for the firm for about 3 years. I suspect there will only be enough work for one of us in 2018/2019. If my firm comes to me an asked me to take early retirement, what are my rights:

1. Do I have the right to refuse as I do not have enough savings for retirement.
2. If my firm has the right to retire me, do I have any rights for a financial settlement due to my 10 yr. tenure, good performance, and the fact I am the most senior manager in terms of tenure.
3. What are my rights to collect unemployment insurance.

Thank you in advance


Getting Fired: What Are Your Rights if Your Employer Pressures You to Retire

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire