dimanche 30 avril 2017

Grandparents and Third Parties: Parent Left a Child to be Raised by Grandparents

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: California
My mom and dad had me in their 20s and neither of them moved out of their parents house. My parents divorced when I was in preschool. The deal was that my mom has me during the week and I'm with my dad on the weekends/holidays. When I was about 7 years old my mom moved in with her boyfriend and basically left me to be raised by my grandparents. She would occasionally visit, or hang out with me for the day. Sometimes I would sleepover at their apartment. (In first grade I actually got in a awful car accident because my mom was taking me home late after having me spend the day with her. She was texting and driving but I was too young and scared to admit at the time.) My mother started to attempt to be more involved in my life as I became a teenager. She causes huge emotional distress for me. Anyone who talks to my mom can immediately see she is an angry woman. (She has a messy past as a high schooler involving assault, running away so often the local police department was familiar with her mom, and tons of counseling/therapy.) When I turn 18 is it possible to prove she left me, even with most of her mail and her license claiming my grandparents address? My grandparents, along with other family would testify against her. Overall question: Is there truly a possible case here or no?


Grandparents and Third Parties: Parent Left a Child to be Raised by Grandparents

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire