dimanche 26 février 2017

Workplace Mental Illness Discrimination

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: hawaii.

I was told that my company no longer was able to be contracted to work at a large property based on the actions of my employee who suffers from bi polar.

Last week he complained to the security management about the practice of dropping off an ID for roof access to do a job he has been doing for 4 years. He was not loud or threatening but confused. The owner of a large janitorial company (Joe) called me and told me that he didn't want my employee returning to the property (Joe subs out specialty work to my company). I went to the security office and apologized to their management team and explained that my employee had bi polar anxiety and that I would not bring him back again.

I then texted Joe and explained that the employee doesn't understand he was making a problem by questioning the ID protocol. And told Joe I wouldn't use him there anymore.

Joe asked me into his office the following day wanting my help cleaning up some specialties before an owner visit to the property upcoming on Monday. I told him we couldn't finish the work we started until Friday unless I brought back the employee and have him complete the job over the weekend. Joe told me to bring him.

Over the weekend while I was in vegas I get a call from Joe's manager telling me my guy wasn't allowed unless I checked him in with security. I hung up on the idiot and proceeded on with my weekend getaway.

Tuesday I get back and check our man in and have him gain access to the roof. A half hour later Joe calls and tells me my company is 86d from their no longer allowed on property! This cost me about a 100k in contracted income. I'm not concerned about the money as much as I am about the principles here. Was there any discriminatory violations in my scenario?

Thanks


Workplace Mental Illness Discrimination

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire