lundi 27 février 2017

Vacating a Judgment: How to Clear Up a Judgment from an Old Credit Card

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: CA

In 2006, I had a debt with bank account which was sent over to a collection agency (I don't have a date when). On Feb. 27, 2007 the collection agency had sent the collection account to an Attorneys office, and on July 11, 2011 a judgement for the debt was issued to the Attorney's office by default (didn't receive notice, may have been while moving locations).

From what I understand of the debt time frames and the Statue of Limitations in California; the 4 year for written contract had past. I attempted to contact the plaintiff in order to resolve or dismiss the judgement based on the Statue of Limitations and was told that they had "filed" in 2009 and was issued the Judgement in 2011... I have no clue as to what they had "filed" or why it took 2 years to get a default judgement.

I attempted to contact legal aid, but didn't get much assistance so I was referred to the County/State BAR organization.

I'm needing assistance as to how to validate, resolve and/or dismiss this judgement from my credit as a $300-$600 original debt jumped to $1,500 with the collection agency and is now surpassing $2,500 under a Attorney's office control and is steady climbing more or less as they repeatedly file new attorney charges and continuously file a bank levy against the same 1 account that has been closed for years.

I feel that I should need to point out that I do remember paying the debt, but as so much time has passed I would have no way to trace a charge back but there is a 50/50 chance that I may have not paid it. I don't mind working out payment arrangements of some sort to work the debt down, this would be small amounts, but I do not want to pay 900% of the original debt to a collection attorney who from what I've researched has 99.9% horrible reviews in regards to plaintiff's and defendants under them if they are breaking the law or just hunting for a victim to pay salaries.

As always, Thank you for any advice you can give!


Vacating a Judgment: How to Clear Up a Judgment from an Old Credit Card

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire