samedi 25 février 2017

What Rights Do I Have in the Buying of a Used Vehicle

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: TN. I bought a used car in December from a friend. She said that the only thing wrong with it was the turbo and you could still drive it you just had to drive slow. She wanted a 1000 dollars and said she wasn't making anything on it. She wanted 500 paid on 2 of my checks. We wrote a bill of sale but I didn't have but 250 so she wouldn't let me have the car until I paid her 500. When I finally got the car, they had drove it from the place they had lived to their new house. They insisted there was nothing wrong with it but the turbo. They also lied about it. Being a stick shift. My husband drove it home and in a much shorter distance than they had to drive it the muffler and the exhaust melted. We also found out someone had taken the catalytic converter off. The turbo had been unplugged. The battery that was on it when we looked at it had been replaced with a battery that went out in 2012 and exploded. It had too much oil in it. It had parts on it with electrical tape around them. Parts that did not go to the car. The tires don't match, someone took out the sensor on the door that tells the car the door is closed. They took out the fuse box and put a different one in and half the fuses are gone. We have replaced almost every part under the hood but the turbo and the engine. We told her that we were not going to pay a 1000 with all the problems with the car. She said she was sorry and she understood. We finally got it in fairly running condition and got it registered on February 13. I went and got her to sign the title to register it. She signed as a leinholder but put the price of the car as 500 which I had already paid. She has been harassing me about giving her the rezt of the 1000. My tags got stolen yesterday and I had to go get new ones. She had told me the car was a 2000. I got to looking at the registration and it says the car is a 2003. It also says the car is a 2 door but its a 4 door. My husband went and checked the vin and 1 letter is different. All the stickers that are usually on the doors and engine are missing. It also said she paid 250.00 so she lied about that and is trying to charge us 4 times what she paid for it. What do I need to do. I told her I didn't want it, that something was messed up and I wanted ny 500 back plus the money I spent. She said she didn't do anything and it wasnt her problem. Its the only car I have and I don't have the money for another or a lawyer


What Rights Do I Have in the Buying of a Used Vehicle

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire