mardi 28 février 2017

Civil Rights Issues: Harassment

My question involves civil rights in the State of: Illinois. I am 20 years old with absolutely no criminal history whatsoever. A couple of months back I was stopped by an officer for having LED lights illuminating my rear license plate. I was not aware that in Illinois, that the light had to be white. The officer pulled me out of my car, was verbally abusive through the entire traffic stop. He issued me a citation for the lights, and then proceeded to have me remove the lights, which I obliged. I was not working at a fast enough pace for him, so he became more abusive, threatening me with a felony. After I got the lights out, he took them from me, and told me that if I were stopped for not having a license plate light, I could explain this stop to them. I followed up two days later, meeting with the chief of police, not to argue the ticket. I learned through the stop that the lights were illegal on a car. I wanted my property returned toe so that I could return them for a refund. Twenty dollars can get a college sophomore a few meals. I was also prepared to inquire about whether what the officer did was considered theft since it is not illegal to possess the lights, but didn't have to as the chief was very understanding. He gave me my lights back, and voided the ticket for me which I did not ask him, or expect him to do. The officer who wrote me the ticket in the first place apparently has a reputation for things like this.
Ever since that encounter, I have been being harassed by every officer in the department
The latest being stopped for only having one screw in my license plate. Within one minute, I was told I was being detained and there were three other officers on scene, including a k9 unit. The k9 scratched the crap out of the side of my car, then they proceeded to go through my car, going so far as to damage my dashboard while trying to pry my stereo out. After not finding anything, they lete be on my way with no citation. I was wondering if I am privileged to the dash cam video since there was no citation issued. I am considering taking it to an attorney or publishing it on Facebook just to show people what they are doing. Any feedback would be appreciated


Civil Rights Issues: Harassment

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire