dimanche 26 février 2017

Contractor Damages Common Area, Am I Liable

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Maryland

I had a contractor install a concrete patio in my back yard. I have a town house. The contractor, unknown to me, drove a cement truck through the common area to reach my back yard, leaving deep ruts in the ground, and in some areas destroying the grass. This contractor worked on two other homes adjacent to mine and the workers used a wheelbarrow to pour the cement, that is what I thought they would do with my patio. I was not present, had I been I would have stopped the truck from going through the common area. Now my HOA is upset with me and wants me to repair the damage.

I had the contractor try to repair the damage, he tried twice. Neither was satisfactory, both efforts were pretty lame. My question is am I liable for the damage to the common area from this contractor's negligence? I didn't tell the guy to haul a cement truck over soft ground (it had rained just prior to the work), and I certainly never would have allowed him to drive a cement truck through the common area. I am willing to sue the contractor, but shouldn't the HOA sue the contractor instead of me? Should we jointly sue him?


Contractor Damages Common Area, Am I Liable

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire