lundi 27 février 2017

Traffic Accidents: Single Car Accident

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: PA/NJ

Don't know how that works. I was driving my dad's NJ insured car in the state of PA and crashed into a tree.

2005 Cobalt didn't have ABS, place a stupid driver like myself behind the wheel and holy hell- the rear end locked up! An unmarked bend in the road came up and it was dark out with poor headlights.

Happened Oct 2015. Claim is still open.
I've had a surgery on my left knee. I can almost guarantee my right knee will need the same procedure done. I'm in the process of finding a different Ortho, I've lost confidence in the first one. My knees were documented at the hospital the night of the crash.



I've begun to question if I have any legal right to go after my parents car insurance for anything besides medical expenses. I can't run. Standing/walking too much hurts. I was 23 when this happened. I'm going to be 25 next month and some days, I feel like my life is 'over'. Work is hell, stairs are the enemy. I'm petrified to gain any weight because I don't think my knees could handle it. I'm only 110 right now but if I can't run, walk a lot or do stairs... I wonder how life will be when my metabolism slows down.


Part of me is asking because my sister got into an accident a few months before me and had a pinched nerve in her spine and had to have surgery. The other guy was at fault where as mine was just a single car accident.
But she's been seeing a lawyer and my sister seems to think she's going to walk away with 300k from a neck injury which makes no sense to me because she still runs. She's still active. Her recovery was a week long.


I don't think I'd be able to get anything more then medical but I figured I'd ask anyway. See if anyone had more insight on the matter.
Thank you!


Traffic Accidents: Single Car Accident

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire