mardi 28 février 2017

Relocation: Does a Custodial Parent Need Permission to Relocate if They Already Live Out of State

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Michigan

Hello!

I divorced a few years ago in the state of Michigan and was granted full custody with no stated visitation for the other party. My only real requirements are to allow phone calls and letters, and visits if reasonable.

2 years ago, my wife (step parent of my children who is a military member) and I moved to NH. This was agreed upon by the other party and allowed by the court. Again, no required visitation, just phone calls and the agreement that if he manages to visit from out of state, I allow the visit if it is reasonable.

My wife is making rank, so there is a very high chance that we will be moving to a new state this summer. This move won't affect visitation in any way, since there is no ordered visitation.

Do I have to file with the court in MI again to allow this move? Or was that finished once they allowed the first out of state move to NH? Hypothetically, if we are moved to CA, do I have to file with the court in MI to allow the move, or do I just need to notify everyone of the change in address?

Thanks!


Relocation: Does a Custodial Parent Need Permission to Relocate if They Already Live Out of State

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire