lundi 27 février 2017

Legal Malpractice: Attorney Withdrew from Case and Now I Have Dispute About Costs and Fees

My question involves malpractice in the state of: WA

1. Car accident personal injury claim.

2. Attorney withdrew from personal injury claim because he did not believe in our claim whole heatedly and did not want to try the case. i.e. he withdrew without good cause.

3. We settled directly with insurance company and settlement is quite more than he recommended and I could reduce subrogation costs to less than half.

4. Now he is asking for costs and fees and we don't agree to pay him any fees at all. Costs were about 3k and about 1k of this cost was due to his mistakes. We don't mind paying him 2k in costs.

5. If I don't agree to this what can attorney possibly do to recover his full costs and possibly some fees? What are the consequences for us if we don't have agreement and we don't pay him at all?

6. I believe he has to file a lawsuit and get a judgment against me? or he can directly sell it to collection agencies ? What else he or his law firm can do?


Legal Malpractice: Attorney Withdrew from Case and Now I Have Dispute About Costs and Fees

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire