dimanche 26 février 2017

Appeals: How Can You Appeal a Speed Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: WY
I got a speeding ticket at WY last year. Municipal court judge found me guilty. I appealed in district court. The town filed a notice to non-participation in the appeal and did not showed up in the appeal court on the appeal court day. My reasons of not guilty were:

1 I was traveling East not West as the ticket indicated, (travel direction)
2 The location was listed at the ticket was not correct. There is no such location in the town. During the trial, Officer could not point out exactly where her car parked when she found my car.
3 During the trial, Officer testified that she followed my car 1.2 mile before I stop. Based on the location where my car stopped, the event happened at the location was not the same as the ticket indicated.
4 Office’s daily log showed the time did not match the ticket time.
5 Office's Radar calibration log only has one day’s record without handwriting input of numbers.
6 Office’s training record showed that she only have 8 hr total training of using Radar gun instead of 24 hr class and 16 hr field training
7 Office’s testified that VIC listed on ticket indicated construction zone while Judge explained as Superintendent Zone. I got $140 bond which nobody could explain to me how this number indicated from the Schedule.

I presented all the evidence for above as exhibits in my appeal document.

However, 4 month after the appeal day, district judge issued the order with the conclusion of "the municipal court is affirmed"

My questions: Appellee did not response appeal nor appeared at appeal court, still he won the appeal? Why? All my reasons above were not enough to change judge's mind and judgment. What should I do next?


Appeals: How Can You Appeal a Speed Ticket

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire