lundi 27 février 2017

Disputing Debts: Debt Collector Trying to Collect on a Lien Sale for a Vehicle No I Longer Own

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: California

Today I received a call from a debt collector trying to collect on a lien sale.

On September 21, 2015 I got into an accident and totaled my vehicle. The tow company gave me the option to give them the vehicle in lue of paying for towing fees. I signed the documents they gave me, they took it away, I did a release of liability on the internet, a few weeks later I received a "Notice of Pending Lien Sale for Vehicle Valued $4000 or Less" in the "To Whom It May Concern" I decided to choose option 3 and "Disregard this notice if you no longer own or want this vehicle so I can proceed with the sale. However, if you are the last owner of record, you may be liable for removal and disposition cost and lien not satisfied by sale of the vehicle"

Well apparently option 3 was a catch 22, about a year and a half later I get called by a debt collector because they were not satisfied with the sale of the vehicle.

How am I going to come up with $2500? I'm not Tywin Lannister I don't s**t gold, thats about 2 entire months work for me right now.

I have included a Google Drive PDF of the form the debt collector sent me (redacted to protect my personal information)

http://ift.tt/2m0YGiS


Disputing Debts: Debt Collector Trying to Collect on a Lien Sale for a Vehicle No I Longer Own

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire