dimanche 26 février 2017

Are Verbal Contracts in Tx the Same As Written on Personal Property

My question involves personal property located in the State of: Texas

Listed a $1300 generator on Facebook for sale in a trading post. On 1-30-17 a soldier/military policeman told me he wanted to buy it and asked me to hold it for him until his income tax was received. He told me it would be somewhere after 2-15-17. Due to him being a soldier and a military officer I agreed to do so.

As time went by he updated me every few days continuing to say he wanted it and that he was just updating me so I had no real concerns.

On 2-24-17 he told me his money had arrived and that he had my money for the generator but he was running late to work and would catch me that evening and asked for directions to my home. I had my son there to help him load it but he didn't show up.

I contacted him and he said he tried finding it but got lost and would pick it up Sunday (today). This morning he sent me a FB message saying he no longer wanted it because he was moving on base housing and they would not allow him to have it.

I have held it for him just over 3 weeks and believe he should pay for it.

I am wondering if he has an obligation to pay for it since there was a verbal contract/agreement even if that takes small claims court to achieve it.

Any suggestions/advice would be mostly appreciated.


Are Verbal Contracts in Tx the Same As Written on Personal Property

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire