dimanche 27 septembre 2015

Use and Enforcement: Property Owners Assn Says It Owns Part of My Lot

i live in a single-family subdivision in South Carolina. When the developer turned over the POA to the owners, he executed a quick claim deed granting ownership to the POA of land throughout the community 30 feet either side of the center line of the streets. I thought this was simply a right of way but have been informed by the POA that it actually owns the first 20 feet or so of my lot where it joins the street, and that I have to obtain a right of way from the POA to cross that strip for any reason, even to install a driveway. My county codes say that a residential lot ends at the 30-foot mark if located on a public road, but at the center of the road if the road is private. The streets here are all private. Which prevails, the quick claim deed or the county codes?


Use and Enforcement: Property Owners Assn Says It Owns Part of My Lot

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire