lundi 28 septembre 2015

Discovery: Where Do You Send a Traffic Court Discovery Request

My question involves traffic court in the State of: California


Hello:

I'm looking to contest a traffic ticket in California by filing a Trial By Written Declaration. I'm also hoping to write up a discovery request in the meantime. However I'm confused as to which County's DA or which City's attorney needs to receive my request. Is it the county/city which the court is in (Alameda/Fremont), the county/city in which I was cited (which is in question since this happened on a bridge) or the county/city in which the police agency of the officer is? All of them are different. I've also called the traffic court and they said send it to us, and they are not sure if it needs to go to the DA. I'm also planning on sending one to the CHP department of the officer.

Also, has anyone ever used the fact that the discovery wasn't responded to in order to file a pre-trial motion to dismiss before submitting their TBD? I'm hoping to use the notes from the officer to prep for my TBD. If I get no response, I'm wondering if I can go to court and not ever have to even write my TBD, but just get the whole thing dismissed.

I've searched the forums and can't find this situation specifically so hopefully I'm not repeating other questions.

Thanks in advance!


Discovery: Where Do You Send a Traffic Court Discovery Request

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire