lundi 28 septembre 2015

Federal Taxes: Notice of Levy Issued for a Federal Tax Debt

I was just sent a notice for a balance of $684.24 from 2013 taxes, for 2014 I owe about 1700, so the total tax liability is around $2400. Currently, I am a student and not employed, I don't own a car or a house, and the only money I have right now is coming from student loan refunds, this is deposited into a higher one checking account. I do not have the ability to pay the taxes. At one point in time back in 2014 i did have an agreement with them for the 2013 debt, but I was out of work and wasn't able to make the payments after making about 6 months worth of payments. I went through a chapter 7 bankruptcy after the job loss, which was discharged about a month ago. They did take my federal refund for my 2014 taxes, I will probably have a very small refund (less than 1k) for 2015 they will take.

Main questions:
Can the financial aid refunds be taken?
Is the IRS actually going to levy me beyond taking my 2015 refund seeing as I don't own any real property or have an income? The only stuff I own really right now is the regular stuff like clothes, and then school books and a computer. No cars or anything like that.

Just trying to figure out what I'm up against and what the best action to take would be.


Federal Taxes: Notice of Levy Issued for a Federal Tax Debt

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire