mardi 29 septembre 2015

Naturalization: Will a Shoplifting Incident Affect Naturalization if No Charges Were Filed

Hi, so I am 24 years old and have been living in the U.S. for 10 years in Texas and 6 months ago I got caught at Walmart for shoplifting $14 and I was hand-cuffed and then let go... All they took was my drivers license, no finger prints, no SSN, no picture, nothing and they didn't make me sign anything either... I never received any letters or anything... I wasn't even told not to go back in the store, I told the cops I was never coming back and they told me that I could go back as long as I didn't steal

So anyway, I am applying for my citizenship and I am freaking out, my parents don't know about this and idk what to do. If I contact a lawyer about this my parents will know... I am simply freaking out right now, my permanent resident card expires next year and now I am scared that if I get denied my citizenship then they will deport me to, I swear I am going crazy... Both my parents are brother are citizens already and I have a college degree and college debt

Will I be denied for this? I really believe there is no record or anything whatsoever, do I even need to say it in the forms??
What if I don't say it and then it pops up and they ask me about it in the interview? will I go to jail for not including it? I mean would simply say that since there was no records of anything that I didn't think it mattered

Please someone help me with this. I want to tell my parents cause I am freaking out but idk how to


Naturalization: Will a Shoplifting Incident Affect Naturalization if No Charges Were Filed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire