mardi 29 septembre 2015

Modification of Support: How Can I Petition the Court to Nullify Back Child Support for My Ex Husband

My question involves child support in the State of: FL
My ex husband and I have 3 children together, ages 10, 11, and 14. We have been divorced for 4 years, very amicably. Our divorce was very agreeable and we did not have any dispute over custody or child support. Based on our income and the amount of time the children spent with each parent (4 days with me and 3 days with him) the court ordered that he would pay me $440 per month and we would split all other expenses involving the children until either our income changed or the children reached 18. Last year I was diagnosed with a chronic illness and could not take care of the children and my recovery at the same time. We agreed they would live with him full time for one year. However, his job requires him to work nights, instead of leaving them alone every evening or hiring a babysitter we agreed that in lieu of him continuing to pay child support and in lieu of going to courts to report the changes in fear that they would ask me to pay child support, which I was unable to- I was not working- I would pick the kids up from school 5 days a week at 3:20 PM and spend the evenings with them at his house until he got home around 12:30-1:00 AM. I would also spend Saturdays from 3pm until 1:00 or 2:00 AM. I would continue to buy food for them and help in any way I could. My question is, since we never went to court and had the CS changed, he owes from last October to now- is there a way to nullify what he owes? I now have custody of the kids full time since August 1st. He has now moved across the state to live in his mothers house and go to school full time- We would like to re-calibrate the CS and we are concerned as to what the ramifications will be since we never alerted the courts of the previous changes or the new ones. I'm looking for any advice on how to deal with this with out needing a lawyer, or at least to know if this is something we absolutely need a lawyer for. Thanks!!!!


Modification of Support: How Can I Petition the Court to Nullify Back Child Support for My Ex Husband

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire