mardi 29 septembre 2015

Other Injuries: Any Chance a Lawyer is Stealing Settlement Meant for My Son

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: California

I'm new, so I apologize if this is being posted in the wrong location.

I was involved in a car accident along with my two sons. After the accident, we called a small law firm and they quickly had us sign the forms for representation. At this time, my two sons and I signed the papers to be represented by the small law firm. One of my sons and I did physical therapy, but my 2nd son decided not to do it (against what the small law firm wanted). My 2nd son did not want to be a part of the case, but he never signed anything stating that he no longer wanted to be represented.

The small law firm handled the case and the result was that the opposing insurance company settled with us. When they sent the settlement papers, the scan showed that there should have been 3 pages, we only received 2. When we delayed the signature of the papers, the lawyer called and said $30,000 was just sitting there until we signed the papers. The settlement papers sent to us totaled to $17,500, not $30,000.

Is there any chance that the lawyers have forged the signature of my second son and somehow collected the money meant for him? Is there anyway of making sure this didn't happen?


Other Injuries: Any Chance a Lawyer is Stealing Settlement Meant for My Son

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire