mercredi 30 septembre 2015

Traffic Lane Violations: Fighting an Unsafe Lane Change Citation Resulting in an Accident

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Arizona
I was recently in an accident in which I was cited for an unsafe lane change. Here's the short as best as I remember. I was heading north on a 2 lane road in the left hand lane. I've driven this road many times. There's a 2 lane left hand turn lane prior to the light. My destination was roughly 100 feet on the left hand side of the road from where the turn lanes start. I signaled for the left hand lanes and began to get over slowing down for my stop. When I started to merge over...more than half way into the far left lane...I was struck by a vehicle on my driver side side bumper with most of the damage being done to my rear quarter panel...the other vehicle didn't use its horn nor slow down when it hit me. No officer on scene at the time and no witnesses. I was coming to a stop so I was doing 5-10 mph when I was hit. The other vehicle seemed to be going much faster.
45 min to an hour later an officer was on scene and after taking statements he said he was citing me for the unsafe lane change. I was shocked. I repeated that I did everything I could to signal lane change and that I was braking entering the lane. Not sure what the other drivers statement was.
Do I have a legitimate dispute? If so...how do I present it? With no witnesses I'm not sure how he made a definitive decision on who was at fault.
Thanks for your help


Traffic Lane Violations: Fighting an Unsafe Lane Change Citation Resulting in an Accident

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire