dimanche 27 septembre 2015

Sex Offenses: Is It Too Late for Me to Press Charges

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Washington

At the end of June, this year, I was sexually assaulted. I sought medical attention and had a forensic exam done. I didn't speak with the police because I was afraid of retaliation from the guy and/or his friends and how my family would handle the whole thing.

I'm still afraid to speak with the police and tell them everything that happened. I'm not sure if I have the courage to tell my story when it involves things that are so horrific. How do I express things like that...? Even though I'm still afraid, I feel like I want to press charges now because I don't want anyone else to go through what I did.

I tried looking online to find this answer but I was confused at some of the things I read. Can I still file charges even though it's been more than 30 days since the exam was done? Since its been a few months, are the chances of the guy being charged lower now?

Thank you for any help.


Sex Offenses: Is It Too Late for Me to Press Charges

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire