mardi 29 septembre 2015

Cleaning and Repairs: Ex-Townhouse Landlord Charging Me for Fallen Tree on Property

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Georgia

I just moved out of a townhouse community and am being charged $1050 for a tree that fell months ago in my front yard.

The tree did no damage upon falling and I have photos of when and where the tree fell. I learned recently the landlord confronted my roommates (whom I don't get along with and each rent their own room) about the tree months ago and warned them they would be charged for the damages, so they said I chopped it down. Months prior to the tree falling, I submitted documentation to try and switch units because it was very difficult to live with my roommates. There is no other evidence that I was involved with the tree.

I put in writing to the landlord that I am disputing the charges about 10 days ago and they've been avoiding me. I went to magistrate court today to see if I could preemptively counter-sue/dispute but I can't because the landlord has not started the legal process yet. What are the chances this is dropped and what should I be doing to get ready for court?


Cleaning and Repairs: Ex-Townhouse Landlord Charging Me for Fallen Tree on Property

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire