mercredi 30 septembre 2015

Security Deposits: Can They Keep My Security Deposit for These Repairs

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of:Washington

I moved out on September 8 and just received a partial security deposit. They kept $80 for carpet cleaning and $230 for repairs. The repairs listed were touching up paint, removing ceiling hooks, 2 broken blinds and painting the bathroom door.

I have an inspection from when I moved in that lists 2 broken blinds and wear on the bathroom door. The ceiling hooks were not noted because I did not view them as damage as much as something that was supposed to be there. I did not put them in.

I am hoping this is a simple mistake. The building switched management companies about halfway through the year that I lived there.

I am going to send them a copy of the original walk through. Any tips for when I contact them? I'd prefer to do this without going to court. Can they keep my deposit for carpet cleaning? I am fairly sure the carpets weren't cleaned before I moved in. They had a smell to them that I didn't notice until I started doing pushups. Can they keep my deposit for painting? I was always under the impression that spot painting was routine maintenance when an apartment was vacated.

I left the apartment spotless. I spent an entire day cleaning the place and it was in much better condition than when I moved in. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Gordy


Security Deposits: Can They Keep My Security Deposit for These Repairs

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire