lundi 28 septembre 2015

Legal Malpractice: Court Appointed Attorney Told Me to Plead Guilty and Now I Have a Felony

Federal case,

I was arrested on 30 May 2012 and charged with what boils down to FBI entrapment, "possession of a machinegun".
Prior to this arrest, I'd never been arrested before so I had no knowledge of how the court system worked (from legal age of 18 to arrest age of 48 nothing, zero criminal history).
Hell, my last traffic ticket was in '95. The attorney the courts assigned me told me just one thing, "With your lack of criminal history, you're looking at a year in prison at most". She never had any thought to going to trial and having a jury find me not guilty (and they likely would have). Of course, with her defending me, I'd likely still be in prison, 3 years later.
I wanted to help defend the US if we ever got invaded (as if in either of the "Red Dawn" movies).
If I'd known how much this would cost me, I would have gone ahead and spent money I didn't have and registered my rifle with the BATF as a new conversion. Ah well, hindsight is 20/20 :wallbang:
She played up my fear perfectly (with my having no experience with this, she played me like her court system bosses told her), by telling me that a jury would likely send me away for more than a year. So she convinced me to plead guilty to the FBI converting my legally owned semi-automatic rifle to full auto, giving it back to me and then arresting me for possession of a machinegun.
I've been a trucker since '95, but now, with this arrest, I'm having trouble finding work (most carriers want 5 to 7 years from a felony). So I want to sue her for malpractice in the amount of $210,000 ($10,000 for each month I was incarcerated plus $100,000 for the loss of my 2nd Amendment rights).
Sorry for being semi-long-winded, but I felt the need to explain, so now y'all have the whole scenario. Question is, should I try to sue her for legal malpractice or would that be a waste of time?

Thanks,

Doug


Legal Malpractice: Court Appointed Attorney Told Me to Plead Guilty and Now I Have a Felony

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire