mardi 29 septembre 2015

Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Paid with Debit Card After Shoplifting

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Illinois

I have never shoplifted before in my life which is why this happened. I was scared and frightened when it happened. I was at Whole Foods with a bag full of flowers I had paid for at another grocery store. I was going into Whole Foods to buy a snack when I stopped by the flower and picked up 2 small bundles of flowers. As I was picking my food I threw the flowers in my bag not realizing that looks awfully wrong. When I went to the register to pay for my snack the lady asked me in a very scary way if I "picked" those flowers as she pointed in my bag and I panicked and said "no, I bought them at the market down the road" and showed her my receipt. I paid for my food STUPIDLY with my debit card. When I left and got home I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Would they come after me if they saw footage of me putting the flowers in my bag and matched it with my debit card payment that same day? Or am I just freaking out? I hate myself right now for not being brave and being so stupid :(:(


Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Paid with Debit Card After Shoplifting

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire