mardi 29 septembre 2015

Speeding Tickets: Did I Get a Construction Zone Ticket or Not

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

MY Backstory:
Tonight I was pulled over for speeding. it was 1230 am. I had my cruise control set to 75, driving from San diego to LA. very few people on the road. I approached a construction zone, where workers were working, that had signs posted saying slow trucks 55mph. I assumed (incorrectly obviously) that it was for Semi trucks as they are bigger and is common on highways that the speed limit was 55mph for them in certain, 65 for an average car. i told that to the officer when he asked. side note: I know i was speeding and i do not contest that at all. my fault for not knowing the law. I did not admit my speed to the officer, and was cited at 73mph by his pacing, no radar.

My Question:

His notes State:

22349 a vc 65mph speed limit, and indicated "infraction"

he then added 2 notes on a lower line with no indicated markings of misdemeanor or :
Reduced speed 55mph
Construction zone "4" signs

Speed approx: 73
P.F./Max speed: 65
Veh limit: 55

It is my understanding that Construction zone tickets in California carry a separate VC of 22350...
I haven't received my "Courtesy notice" yet, is there any quick way to determine if i'm going be charged as a construction zone (73 in a 55 double fine) or not (73 in a 65) or some variation of both (73 in 55 but not double fine)? The information is confusing. And I may as well ask if theres any grounds to fight it or get a reduced fine because he wrote a simple speeding code, not the construction zone one?

Any advice is welcome. Im pretty set on paying the fine, i've accepted that fact, i was wrong, i'm just hoping i'm not going to get hammered to hard. I saw some quote of a $900 fine, which just seems unreal to me, i was only cited at 18 miles over the speed limit and only 8 if it was a 65 zone.


Speeding Tickets: Did I Get a Construction Zone Ticket or Not

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire