vendredi 15 juin 2018

Worked Free 3 Months (Weird Situation)

Austin, Texas

I was hired in September by an "entrepeneur"

My job was to start his video production studio

No contracts were signed at all, worked 50-70hr weeks for $450/wk.

I handpicked $15k+ worth of equipment to use, which he paid for and housed

Another employee hired to do graphic design

He didn't grasp how I needed to spend my work time in order to make the studio succeed, kept assigning me unrelated duties and tasks associated with his other enterprises, leaving little time to do my actual job. I did not produce much profit.

IT guy embezzles $60k+ worth of "assets" and disappears

Boss says he can't pay me anymore, suggests I work for Uber on the side but stay and work. I follow suit for 3 months.

I supposedly paid taxes on my employment that he should have paid.

After disrespectful remarks and continued broken promises to "get me back on payroll," I quit on March 21st.

Graphic design employee meets me for drinks, offers to pay back what I'm owed out of goodness.

Graphic design employee also says that the real "reason" I stopped getting paid was because of a scenario during Christmas in which I was rear-ended while driving the boss' car which was on loan to me for a funeral.

Questions:

-Do I have grounds for a lawsuit?
-Does it hurt my case that no contracts were signed?
-Does how I filed my taxes for that period have any effect on this scenario?
-Could I be counter-sued for the cost of the film equipment?

Thank you


Worked Free 3 Months (Weird Situation)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire