mardi 26 juin 2018

Neighbor’s Video Camera Pointed Directly into My Backyard

My question involves personal property located in the State of: California

My neighbor has placed a video camera from her second story bedroom window pointing down into my backyard. Specifically where my children play basketball. There is no question that this camera is pointed directly into my backyard only. I know some cameras are used to monitor your own property and may catch portions of the neighbors property. That is NOT the case here.
We have had some previous trouble with her in regards to her being annoyed by the kids playing basketball and her stating it to be inconvenient to throw the ball back over when it goes over the fence. She has admitted to throwing a ball into the canyon behind our houses.
I have never had any expectation to get our ball back immediately...and I have told my kids once it goes over, hopefully you will get it back sometime within the next day or few days...whenever the neighbor comes across it. I also try to be very conscience about the times they play - as to be understanding that she works from home. Not too early, no screaming and not to play for hours on end.
Despite this, seems she felt it necessary to place a camera on them.
I feel this is incredibly intrusive and unnecessary. I have attempted to speak with her but she refuses to answer when I knock on her door. The local police are not much help and honestly I hate to bother them over this when I know I would rather them take care of the more important crimes! They have stated that unless it points into a bedroom or bathroom, the law is kind of grey in regards to this new technology.
What do you think? Do I have any privacy rights? Any legal action I can take to make her take it down or at least point it away from where my children play?
Thanks


Neighbor’s Video Camera Pointed Directly into My Backyard

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire