vendredi 29 juin 2018

Divorce Decree

My question involves a marriage in the state of: Florida



I am not 65 years old as of yet BUT, I have officially retired this year due to health reasons as well as have vested 38 years in the company. I could have retired at 30 years. My rights as a "Retiree" states that I can elect to carry over my health insurance or not (COBRA) . It was free while I was an employee but now since I retired it has a cost in which I cannot afford. I have a son that is under 18 years of age, which I still pay child support on.

In my divorce decree, under Medical Insurance (Maintaining Current Policy)….. it states..... "The Husband will continue to provide health insurance to the benefit of the minor child for as long as said policy is reasonably available to him through his employment".

Since my retirement, my x wife is going after my pension. So this now means that I cannot afford to keep my son on the health insurance, Family Plan, plus pay child support, and pay the pension to her.

Can I elect to take him off of the plan and my x wife pays for his health insurance on her own?


Divorce Decree

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire