mardi 26 juin 2018

Modification of Custody: Father Has Custody but Takes Care of Son Poorly

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: California


I'm a noncustodial mom of an 11 yr old boy (going on 12 in Sep.), he resides with his father in alameda county and I live in Carmichael. We have recently moved from WA to CA when his father was offered a job at TESLA. He didn't know much about his schedule at the time and now he works nights instead of days, and most of the weekend which is suppose to be my time with our son. So now visitation has become extremely difficult and expensive as he refuses to meet halfway anywhere saying his schedule doesn't allow it, and insists I pick Daniel up either in Fremont by taking Amtrak or by coming all the way to his house in union city (I don't have a vehicle). Not only is this expensive but it also eats into a lot of my visitation time as a commute on Amtrak is 2 hrs both ways. So I've been thinking of some sort of modification to the parenting plan, we no longer have anyone to moderate differences, and there are several points in the type of care my son will receive between us. To this day his father has never taken him to a dentist (he's had custody for 5 yrs) the only time he's taken him to the doctor is when he's had to update his shot record, which has been frequent enough, he's changed schools 3x in the past 5 yrs, for this school year alone he had to get 5 shots at one visit bcuz his father does not regularly take him to get check ups. His hair cuts and buying new clothes often falls to me. To boot his father does not spend much time with him bcuz of his work schedule, often when I call his father is asleep or my son has been left with one of the housemates his father just met since we've been here this past year. He's had custody now for 5 yrs, he got custody bcuz after the divorce I became homeless while he was able to live with his family and I have struggled to become financially stable for a number of years. Not sure what more info anyone may need, maybe the living arrangements? He won't have his own room with me but he doesn't have one w/ his father either. Could I at least get joint custody and more visitation at this point if not a change in primary custody? Also, I don't have money for an attorney, will be doing this work myself whatever happens, any advice would be greatly appreciated.


Modification of Custody: Father Has Custody but Takes Care of Son Poorly

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire