vendredi 22 juin 2018

Parking and Access: Los Angeles California - Duplex Neighbors Taking Up Half of Shared Driveway

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California.

Hi everyone and thank you in advance. I'm in Los Angeles county.

I live in a duplex, my upstairs neighbor is currently blocking half of the driveway with a second vehicle in front of her garage which is right beside mine, the entire time I have lived here (3 years) we've been able to turn around in the driveway to park, now I have to do a 4 point turn every time I come home from work and they do not.

As far as I know the entire driveway is supposed to be open to our use, not just hers. I have ignored it for a week but finally, I asked her to move the car and she threatened to take me to court over harassment (she's and extremely volatile type of person). I have reached out to the landlord who basically stated she "cannot and should not get involved" and that we just need to be corgial or find a single family home (sigh).

There is no HOA. Here is what my lease says:

"The right to parking is included in the rent charged pursuant to paragraph 3. Parking spaces are to be used for parking properly licensed and operable moto vehicles, except for trailers, boats, campers, buses, or trucks (other than pick-up trucks). Tenant shall park in assigned spaces only, parking spaces are to be kept clean. Vehicles leaking oil, gas, or other motor vehicle fluids shall not be parked on the premises."

I've asked the landlord to define the "parking spaces" as per the obviously generic lease she used, have gotten no reply on that.

She is not blocking my garage directly, but again this is a shared driveway and she has been taking up half of it for a week and refusing to move it now. It makes it much more difficult for me to turn around in the drive way so I can back my car into the garage. I need to turn around because the very small driveway on the side of our house I don't want to back up through, it's much easier to drive straight out of it.

Thanks for your help.


Parking and Access: Los Angeles California - Duplex Neighbors Taking Up Half of Shared Driveway

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire