mardi 12 juin 2018

Sex Offenses: Mississippi Offender Registration Laws

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Mississippi

Good afternoon, I have a question regarding my previous conviction of sexual battery (same as statutory rape in Ms).
In 2006 when I was 18 I was charged with sexual battery due to having a 14 year old girl friend. In 2009 I took a plea bargain and was released in 2011. Since then I have registered as a sex offender with the DMV as required and haven't been in any trouble, I occasionally search to see if Ms plans to adopt a tier system and I came across this section of the law:
45-33-23(H)(IV) it states:
(iv) Section 97-3-95 relating to sexual battery; however, conviction or adjudication under Section 97-3-95(1)(c) when the offender was eighteen (18) years of age or younger at the time of the alleged offense, shall not be a registrable sex offense;

Per the law I don't have to register! I understand that I'm still a convicted sex offender but not having to register is life changing to say the least. I have worked hard since my release and have an excellent career even with the stigmatism but would greatly appreciate any legal advice or opinions on getting myself removed from the registery.

Thanks for reading,
Turbo


Sex Offenses: Mississippi Offender Registration Laws

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire