mardi 12 juin 2018

Property Division: Divorce

My question involves a marriage in the state of: Pennsylvania

My divorce was finalized in 1993 at which time I signed a quit claim deed relinquishing my interest in the residence. Fast forward to now, 25 years later, and we learn that my ex's attorney filed the quit claim under the wrong property. I was contacted and told that because of this, my name is still on the house.

My ex now wants me to sign a second quit claim deed. Do I have to? I received no compensation for the house 25 years ago, which has since been paid off and increased in value dramatically. Can I request an appraisal of the current value and demand one half the value before signing a second quit claim? If the shoe were on the other foot, this is exactly what would be demanded of me, no question. What are the statutes of limitations for something like this? I've heard 4 years, and I've heard 21 years. Either way, it's been 25.

Thank you for your time.


Property Division: Divorce

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire