lundi 18 juin 2018

Traffic Lane Violations: Unsafe Passing on Right Shoulder

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California.

I was driving back to Nevada and going down highway 58 from the I-14 through the Mojave Desert. Upon passing the city of Borax and coming into Boron the two lane highway turns into a one way highway both north and south bound. On that same stretch you near a few gas stations. I was stopped due to the light at the intersection being red. At this point I had to utilize the restroom and saw a Pilot on the right hand side of where traffic was stopped. There were 3 motorcylces driving on the right of the shoulder, and at this point the light was turning green when I decided to drive off the paved road and into the dirt road so that I may get into the Pilot parking lot. I saw the cop in the line of traffic about 3 vehicles ahead of me, but in that moment I honestly didn't realize that what I was doing was illegal. I proceeded to pass him and went into the parking lot of the truck stop. Then I realized the flashing light behind my car as I was parking. I immediately started to question if I was even speeding, but I know I wasn't I was driving super slow in case anyone else decided to make a right turn ahead of me. Needless to say he gave me a ticket. I didn't argue or ask questions, honestly the only question I wanted to ask the officer was if he would mind following me into the restroom so he wouldn't think I was trying to run off.

Is there a limit of driving that one is allotted to move pass the right of the lane? I would like to show up to court and plead not guilty, but I am not sure what my chances would be. I need some advice from anyone that has gone through the same. I know an officer in my state and when I told him the story his response to me was "the officer must have been pretty bored to pull you over for that." https://www.expertlaw.com/forums/ima...1ScFa2IWD.webp

What should I do? Do I just pay the fine and do the traffic schooling or fight for something I honestly didn't know was going to be an issue?


Traffic Lane Violations: Unsafe Passing on Right Shoulder

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire