vendredi 22 juin 2018

Trespass: Neighbor Has Claimed My Front Yard, What Options Do I Have

My question involves real estate located in the State of: PENNSYLVANIA

My neighbor has claimed he owns half of my front yard and has installed metal spikes and rope along this new boundary. He is dumping manure, tearing up the soil, and digging on "his" new land. I pulled a copy of the deed registered at the county courthouse and survey, all showing that this is clearly my property. When I approached him calmly to resolve, he lost his temper. He showed me a "map" which he pulled from the county tax assessment office and hand marked up new boundaries, claiming this is somehow legit. He is stating it is his word against mine and that I need to hire an attorney.

I called the township police, who said this is a boundary dispute and that I need to go through the court system. I've contacted a real estate attorney and have an appointment scheduled, but it is staggering to me that nothing can be done in the interim. How is this not trespassing such that the police can remove him? What is to prevent him from destroying the property by the time the issue is resolved in the courts? It feels like we are powerless.


Trespass: Neighbor Has Claimed My Front Yard, What Options Do I Have

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire