dimanche 24 juin 2018

Deductions from Security Deposit Despite Positive Balance in Utility Fund

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Nevada.

The property management company pays the water/sewer utility and asked me to maintain a balance in a "utility fund" to fund the bill which varies around $120@mo. They always sent me the invoice from the utility company with my running balance. On the closing statement they had taken the final utility payment from the security deposit even though the utility fund contained over $550 and provided no accounting on the utility fund refund which was very small.

The refund of unused utility fund was $457 short. The forwarding address I gave them was out of state. Now they will not respond to email and won't take my call. This is a large company that manages dozens of homes. I did a web search on the company and there are similar complaints against them for a similar amount. Since I live out of state(which I suspect they were checking for) suing them in small claims court would be difficult and the amount is not enough to travel back for. I know Landlord fraud is very common but it stings to know they just kept my money. Other than suing them is there any recourse?
Thanks


Deductions from Security Deposit Despite Positive Balance in Utility Fund

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire