mercredi 20 juin 2018

Privacy: Can You Make an Ex-Employer Purge Your Employee Records

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Massachusetts

Am I able to force an ex-employer to remove my personal info? I am referring to soc sec, name, address etc. I have no retirement money or pensions with any of these companies.

I have worked for 3-4 companies that use ADP payroll services. My information is still on file w ADP. Some of these companies I have not worked for in over 10 years and others it's been 3 years. I read that according to the Civil Rights Act that employers need to keep an ex-employee's info for 1 year and other sources say 3 years. ADP has told me that they want to keep it longer than 3 years - in-case the ex-employer gets audited and will not tell me how long they intend to keep it.


Privacy: Can You Make an Ex-Employer Purge Your Employee Records

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire