vendredi 29 juin 2018

Child Support Arears

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Florida


My company took out my child support payments directly from my paychecks starting from 2000 to 2018. Sometimes I would be short in the paycheck of $$40 or so (no more than that ) and I would pay my x wife back then, in cash, check or money order.

My child just turned 19 and has graduated from high school. I hired an attorney to end the Child Support order. I come to find out that the ledger showed an open amount of back payments that of course I DID make, but I have no proof of. Who keeps receipts for 19 years? The current ledger on May showed a balance of $3667. I paid this amount in full. Now when I went to close out the case for the payment, the Magistrate is stating that there is a 74 page ledger which is STILL showing some gaps of payments that I would still owe.

If I didn't pay my x the difference back then, why didn't she take me to court? Oh, maybe it's because I DID pay her the difference. I am sure that if she is put under oath, she would have to admit that I did pay her.

How can I defend myself with this after 19 years??? Where are MY rights to this, if any? Thank you


Child Support Arears

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire