lundi 18 juin 2018

Two Violations on One Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Indiana

After nearly 20 years of driving, I got my first ticket a few weeks ago. I ended up getting two violations, first for failure to stop at a stop sign (6pts) then failure to yield to emergency vehicle (8pts). I’m still trying to decide whether I should contest the Failure to Yield, however for now my question is, if I plead guilty or lose the case should I try to contest that part, would I end up with 14 points or would I only get points for the larger of the two? I know I still have to pay for both violations and everything. But, I had read in a couple of posts when researching, that this was how it worked. But I couldn’t find anything specific to Indiana. Just wondering if anyone could answer this? I have no problem paying the fees if I violated the laws, but the points scare me, because it’s at 16 or more that a license can be suspended and I’m almost there with one ticket! I know I can do the defensive driving course and get 4 points back if need be. But I was hopeful after seeing the posts that 2 offenses on one ticket only charge you with the points of the greater offense in some other states. I could be understanding wrong, but if this is true I would feel better about it.
Thank you so much!


Two Violations on One Ticket

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire