samedi 30 juin 2018

How do I fix a stop and seize plate in the name of a deceased family member?

I don't know what topic to put this under which I apologize, because I feel like this is a unique situation. Also sorry for writing a long post, I just need to explain everything so you know the full aspect of the situation. Which I appreciate in advance you taking the time to read it and answer my question and concerns.

So my grandmother had gotten sick from a stroke and ended up passing away one year ago. Before she got sick she had given me her new vehicle, but I was making payments on the car on her behalf so I couldn't transfer the title until it was fully paid off.

So I finished paying off the car and when the title didn't come we decided to look into it and found out there was a stop and seize on the plate because of a lapsed insurance on my grandmother's name, but that was because she wasn't driving she was in a vegetative state and ended up passing away. Also I currently I have Geico insurance under my name registered to the vehicle with the same matching Vin and everything written on the insurance card.

So now the problem is that the registration is expiring next week and there's no way for me to renew it even online because of the stop. So how do I go about fixing this issue so I can then get the title so then the title and insurance can be transferred to my name properly and everything? Because I use this car as my daily driver even to get to work and things like that. I don't even know how long the stop and seize has been on the car, but I've been driving it until we just figured it out now, which I'm surprised that the credit company which was car manufacturers own credit company or the DMV never sent us a letter to tell us that the insurance was going to lapse.

Also some additional information so you know. My dad was given the full rights by the court to his mother my grandmother, and the credit company has these records for more than a year as well. So with the credit company it's under her name, but with my dad given full legal rights to talk about and handle everything with this account with full authority. My dad is also the cosigner on the car as well from the get go when they bought it new at the dealership. We also have an official death certificate from the state for my grandmother, as well as documentation that my dad has full legal rights of my grandmother his mother from the courts.


How do I fix a stop and seize plate in the name of a deceased family member?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire