vendredi 29 juin 2018

Repair and Maintenance: Can Landlord Charge for Missed Appointment Fees from 3rd Party Vendor

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California

I rent from a property management company, and they always have been absolutely terrible with communication. They are incredibly unprofessional as well, so I'm not sure how to handle this.
On 5/21, I submitted a request in writing for maintenance of my pool pump, as the timer wasn't shutting off causing an electric bill in excess of $400.
On 5/26, my leasing agent emailed me the information for a vendor who would be reaching out to me. And he did, but I was in Anaheim for work that week. We spoke on the phone, said we'd schedule another time once I was back in town, and hung up. I called him about 3-4 times since I came back home, leaving voicemails that remain unanswered.
On 6/20, my leasing agent emailed me saying she had spoken with the vendor and we hadn't been able to link up.
This morning, 6/29, I get an email from her again with an invoice from her company and the vendor, stating, "I got an invoice for 2 missed appointments from _________, which this will be your responsibility to take care of. Please submit balance with rent."

She hasn't responded to my follow up emails with questions and stating I am disputing it. For one, nothing was "missed." He never answered my calls and never came. For two, there is absolutely nothing in my lease re: charges for missed maintenance appointments or anything even remotely similar. I scoured it a dozen times to look.

Is this legitimate? What can I do?


Repair and Maintenance: Can Landlord Charge for Missed Appointment Fees from 3rd Party Vendor

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire