vendredi 29 juillet 2016

Violation & Enforcement: Neighbor Obtained Restraining Order on False Accusations

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Minnesota

I'm writing this on behalf of my grandfather.

Backstory: My grandparents live in a small town in northern MN on a lake as their permanent residence, the neighbors who owed the property to their right used that as their permanent residence as well. They have for years, harassed my grandparents because their property is not kept to their liking (clean of any visible items, vehicles, tools, shed, etc). My grandparents caught them on camera trespassing on their property and snooping and even going inside their home while they were away in Florida. Since then, those two owners have passed and their children have taken over the property and use it as a vacation home on weekends. There is a 90ft piece of property in between the two homes that is not kept - full of natural vegetation and trees. You cannot see through the trees to the other property. My grandparents own 5 feet of that property while the neighbors owned the other 85ft. Because of this, it's not considered a build-able lot. The children there have continued to harass my grandfather about the upkeep of his property. There is nothing illegal about how his property is kept. They just don't like how it looks. They claim my grandfather burns piles of garbage and toxic waste which flies onto their property ad that there is debris scattered everywhere as well. They also decided to put up cameras on the tree-filled lot that face my grandparents property for "proof" which, in my opinion, is an invasion of privacy when myself and my children go to visit. The neighbors decided that they want to be able to sell the 90ft piece of land but since it's not build-able, the likelihood of someone buying it is slim. So they requested my grandfather purchase that whole lot from them for $300k. It's not even close to worth that. So that then requested to buy the addition 5ft from my grandfather. After the years of harassment from that family, that makes no sense to sell it to them so because their property line would be even closer to my grandparent's house.

Now this family is doing everything in their power to make sure that my grandfather is deemed "crazy" and I'm speculating that their end goal is to get him kicked out of his own home so that they can purchase and take over the property. They want to see him in jail. They have filed multiple false police reports on my grandfather to build up their case. An example of a recent one: My grandparents have a vacation home in FL that they are at from October to April every year. My grandma came back in March and my grandpa came back in May. In April, while my grandpa was still in FL, their neighbors called saying that they heard what they though to tractor ripping up the road in front of the houses at 1am and that they believed it to be my grandfather. The police show up to my grandparent's in regards to the call only to find that my grandpa is not home and the only tractor he has is sitting there covered by weeds, webs and tall grass showing it hasn't been moved in months. Not to mention, my grandma has never driven a tractor in her life. These are the types of calls they make. So they decided to get a restraining order on my grandfather because my brother had requested they point their cameras away from out property line. The restraining order includes tons of false claims, but beside the point...

In the order, they requested no third party contact, that my grandfather clean up and free the property line of debris and that they cannot have any images of the neighbors. My question is: How does one go about cleaning up a property line if he can't go with in 15 years of the property line when it's considered his property? Second question: They have been sneaking over and setting off the alarms on one of the vehicles then calling to report if. We watched them do it the second time. I used to own this vehicle and it has never had issue with the alarm sounding for no reason other that trying to open it when it's locked. This vehicle sits closest to the property line. This is why we waited up to watch after the first time. We want to install our own cameras to catch them in the act but the order says we can't have an "images of them". Does this count if we have cameras on our property that are only facing our property, no the property line and they trespass? If we (as in the kids) clean up the debris on the property line, is this considered 3rd party contact? Last, can this order be lifted of appealed after it's already enforced?

My grandparents have talked to attorneys but they're are not any help up there.

Answers and any other advice would be helpful. What should we do?


Violation & Enforcement: Neighbor Obtained Restraining Order on False Accusations

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire