mercredi 27 juillet 2016

Surveys: Can My Neighbor's Surveyor Be Held Liable for Legal Fees I Incurred Due to His Error

My question involves real estate located in the State of: New York

Last year, my neighbors approached us about making a small lot line adjustment. The adjustment definitely made sense given the outline of both our lots. They said they would cover all costs and did. Everything was signed with their attorney and filed with the the county. At the end of the year, my divorce became final and I turned everything over to my divorce attorney as he was supposed to take care of the deed transfer (I got the house in the divorce). When I gave him everything, including the lot line adjustments, he said it was too complex for him and he needed to have a real estate attorney handle it. I wasn't happy about having to hire another attorney, but wanted it done right. I met with a real estate attorney and he began to work on it. After some time, he contacted me and said something wasn't right and that he needed to look into it further. I had no choice at this point but to say ok. After many hours of research and meeting with the surveyor that my neighbor had hired, he discovered that the surveyor had made s mistake and everything filed was incorrect. It all had to be redone. The surveyor admitted to the attorney he had made an error. In the end, it cost me over $4,000 for everything. Shouldn't this surveyor be held responsible for these costs?


Surveys: Can My Neighbor's Surveyor Be Held Liable for Legal Fees I Incurred Due to His Error

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire