jeudi 28 juillet 2016

Travel and Recreation: Laws on Confiscating Ids (Tx, Ca, Nv)

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: TEXAS, CALIFORNIA, and NEVADA

I am about to turn 21 and am planning a trip out of state. I look really young and I'm short, I would say I look about 18-19, but definitely not 21. I'm worried about going out of state and attempting to buy drinks and bartenders thinking my ID is fake (seeing as I look young, I've changed my hair, and it's an out of state ID). I've heard stories from my friends about people thinking their IDs are fake and taking them up.

Does an ID belong to a person or the state? Is it legal to confiscate an ID (thinking it's fake)??? Obviously I know all the information on my ID since it's real, but I'm sure you can make a fake ID with your real information, so does that really prove anything if I can state my address, zip, DOB, DL number? Since mine is not a fake and I will be of drinking age when I go, if they try and take up my ID what should I do? (I'd rather not wait around for cops to come around to prove my age, that's quite embarrassing and a waste of my time when at that point I'd rather just take my ID and go somewhere else...)

Thanks for your help!


Travel and Recreation: Laws on Confiscating Ids (Tx, Ca, Nv)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire